Paper, Plastic & Packaging
Constantly correct production and logistic processes to achieve better enterprise efficiency
Rising raw material and energy costs, increasing competition, tighter margins and stringent regulations: there is no letup in the pressures on paper & plastic manufacturers. They must focus on efficiency to cut waste, ensure consistent quality and do more with less. The Operator MOM solution for paper industry helps you to improve operational performance, including optimization on every stage of the order-to-invoice cycle.
Paper industry operations typically consist of multiple manufacturing steps where material is stored or transported. The Operator MOM functionalities are designed to secure accurate data, visibility and a motivated effective workforce, and help you to make the right decisions at the right time – key attributes that every Operator Systems solution can deliver.
Greater visibility on multiple shop-floor and warehouse activities
- Simple, smooth and automatic material exchange in all logistic steps: between multiple production places, shop-floor and warehouse. Operator Logistic module thanks to full integration with production gives single point of goods management for shop-floor and warehouse workers. This integration allows to implement best practice methodologies like Just-in-Time manufacturing, sequenced assembly and shipping to eliminate idle inventory, reduce waste and increase efficiency in your organization.
- Fully integration between logistics, production and scheduling helps the production to secure the right stock level and ensures a precise stock and easy product count. This prevents the production from stopping due to lack of raw materials or capacity in the warehouse.
- Efficient identification of items on shop-floor also between production steps with bar code scanning. The Operator label management module does not only handle labels but also enables the company to print out documentation for a production process, delivery notes, production notes etc.
Improve efficiency of manufacturing realization
- Full visibility of production processes. Operator Systems provides possibility of quantities on-line reporting, workforce and resources utilization, with integration to machines. Production and warehouse data gathered be Operator are available in Operator Manufacturing intelligence and Enterprise systems (BI, ERP, APS) for scheduling and planning, to optimize enterprise costs.
- Rapid adaptation to new works with short lead times and fast flow of information.
- Effective reworked, reclassified or scraped materials handling. Quality and rework management is also secured by the Operator solution. Each company is able to define their own rework process.
With Operator Systems, you can optimize performance across all aspects of the order-to-delivery cycle, including your people, materials, machines and processes. With real-time data, signals, alerts, KPIs and business intelligence to and from any network location around the world, Operator Systems solution gives opportunity to respond quickly to regulatory change and unexpected events.
Some of Paper & Plastic industry manufacturers that implements the Operator MOM solution include:
- Amcor Flexible (Case study)
- WISI’ON Tool
Read more about the Operator Systems MOM for Furniture Manufacturers