Rising raw material and energy costs, increasing competition, tighter margins and stringent regulations: there is no letup in the pressures on paper & plastic manufacturers. They must focus on efficiency to cut waste, ensure consistent quality and do more with less. The Operator MOM solution for paper industry helps you to improve operational performance, including optimization on every stage of the order-to-invoice cycle.
Paper industry operations typically consist of multiple manufacturing steps where material is stored or transported. The Operator is designed to secure accurate data, visibility and a motivated effective workforce, and help you to make the right decisions at the right time.
Key attributes that every Operator Systems solution can deliver:
• Simple, smooth and automatic material exchange in all logistic steps: between multiple production places, shop-floor and warehouse. Operator thanks to full integration with production gives single point of goods management for shop-floor and warehouse workers. This integration allows to implement best practice methodologies like Just-in-Time manufacturing, sequenced assembly and shipping to eliminate idle inventory, reduce waste and increase efficiency in your organization.
• Efficient identification of items on shop-floor also between production steps with bar code scanning. The Operator label management module does not only handle labels but also enables the company to print out documentation for a production process, delivery notes, production notes etc.
• Rapid adaptation to new works with short lead times and fast flow of information.
• Effective reworked, reclassified or scraped materials handling. Quality and rework management is also secured by the Operator solution. Each company is able to define their own rework process.
With Operator Systems, you can optimize performance across all aspects of the order-to-delivery cycle, including your people, materials, machines and processes. With real-time data, signals, alerts, KPIs and business intelligence to and from any network location around the world, Operator Systems solution allows you to respond quickly to regulatory change and unexpected events.
> Food & Ingredients
> General Manufacturing
> Medical devices
> Paper, Plastic & Packaging
Some of Paper & Plastic industry manufacturers that implements the Operator MOM solution include:
• Amcor Flexible (Case study)
• WISI’ON Tool