Operator functionalities are focused on benefits like:
- Single point access to all relevant information
- Easy data capture
- Improved data quality
- Visibility for better decision making
- Reduction of administrative costs
- Improved productivity
- Shorter lead time
- Faster reaction to changes
- Improved delivery performance
- Better product quality
- Employee involvement
Many of the modules in Operator are developed in close cooperation with our customers and have been tested intensively in live environments – they compare favorably with “Best-of-breed” solutions. The main benefit with Operator is however the WIDTH of functionality and the INTEGRATION between the individual modules. Some examples are:
- Integration between Time & Attendance and Job Reporting enables the possibility to compare total attendance time with total time reported on production orders and indirect time for an employee for a shift or other period.
- Production reporting and maintenance reporting can be done in the same system with consistent user dialogue.
- Lost time can be analyzed with respect to which products are causing especially high losses of a certain type on a certain machine.
- Scrap can be compared with process values at the time the scrap was produced.
- Labels are printed on the shop floor when needed and only in the amount needed.
With Operator we are covering all needed functionality on the shop floor at a discrete manufacturing site with focus on verticals like Food & Beverage, Automotive, and General Manufacturing.
The Operator concept includes a number of modules to support all processes at the production shop floor:
- Collection and consolidation of information
- Independent system to support 24*7 production
- Easy to integrate to any ERP system
- Standard connection to machines and PLC’s by OPC
- Interaction with barcode readers, external devices and RFID
- Production specific and user friendly dialogues
- Easily customized and modified to support specific customer needs