Maximize resource and material utilization with better quality management
Automotive manufacturers need to achieve both economy of scale and market-demand responsiveness. This requires manufacturing operations precisely synchronized to the pull signals of multiple OEM customers yet flexible enough to support sudden production shifts dictated by market changes or unplanned events. This complexity must then be balanced to provide maximum capacity utilization at both the plant and enterprise manufacturing levels in support of profitability.
Operator Systems solutions help you to address these challenges by providing a comprehensive manufacturing process framework that uniquely enables the necessary visibility and control to achieve and sustain manufacturing excellence. Operator MOM delivers visibility and control across manufacturing operations and the supply chain, enabling multiple improvement strategies and process improvements to secure accurate data, visibility and a motivated effective workforce, and help you to make the right decisions at the right time – key attributes that every Operator Systems solution can deliver.
Improve manufacturing efficiency
- Full visibility of production processes. Operator Systems provides possibility of quantities on-line reporting, workforce and resources utilization, with integration to machines. Production and warehouse data gathered be Operator are available in Operator Manufacturing intelligence and Enterprise systems (BI, ERP, APS) for scheduling and planning, to optimize enterprise costs.
- Rapid adaptation to new works with short lead times and fast flow of information.
- Enable Just-in-Time (JIT) and Sequenced JIT manufacturing and shipment strategies based on customer ‘pull’ signals. Operator Logistic module thanks to full integration with production gives single point of goods management for shop-floor and warehouse workers. It enables simple, smooth and automatic material exchange in all logistic steps: between multiple production places, shop-floor and warehouse.
- Fully integration between logistics, production and scheduling helps the production to secure the right stock level and ensures a precise stock and easy product count. This prevents the production from stopping due to lack of raw materials or capacity in the warehouse.
Deliver better quality and full traceability
- Identify potential quality issues quickly and early to minimize impact. Operator Dispatch manager provides shop-floor users: manager, foreman and workers with actual information’s about production in progress. It delivers all information’s need for job execution and also gather production data – quantity reporting, time consumption etc. – from the shop-floor.
- Automate traceability data collections processes to improve accuracy and responsiveness. Operator enables efficient identification of items on shop-floor also between production steps with bar code scanning.
- Imbed quality testing throughout manufacturing operations; ad hoc capabilities for continuous improvement or troubleshooting. Quality and rework management is also secured by the Operator solution it enables good, reworked, reclassified or scraped effective materials handling.
With Operator Systems, you can optimize performance across all aspects of the order-to-delivery cycle, including your people, materials, machines and processes. With real-time data, signals, alerts, KPIs and business intelligence to and from any network location around the world, Operator Systems solution gives opportunity to respond quickly to regulatory change and unexpected events.
Some of the Furniture manufacturers that have chosen to implement an Operator Systems solution include:
- ERCO (Case Study)
- Continental (Case Study)
- Vald. Birn (Case Study)
Read more about the Operator MOM Solution for Automotive.